Friday, January 6, 2017

Pregnancy Bump: Don't touch

Everyone loves to hear the magical news of someone being pregnant.
It is definitely a blessing to be able to carry another life. However, people also feel the need to want to touch a growing baby bump which is not always something expecting mother want.
This is my third pregnancy and with my other two pregnancies it was never a bother to me for people to touch my growing belly but now it urks me. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant with twins and I'm super protective or because I'm older, but whatever it is it's a constant annoying especially when they do not ask.
My co-worker constantly touches my belly saying goo goo ga ga and I didn't know how to tell her nicely to stop and step away from the belly!
After asking around and figuring out how to nicely tell people to back away I wanted to share some helpful tips.
1. You have to keep in mind their intentions are good before you get nasty.
2. Stick to your guns no matter who it is touching your belly.
3. Many people do not ask and just reach out to touch, therefore, you can say things like "I would prefer that you don't, I feel very uncomfortable about people touching my belly."
Or you can kindly say "I would have preferred if you asked first."
4. Keep in mind, do not be rude sarcastic or nasty it's very ungracious and shows a lack of gratefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment